TELANGANA CHAMBER OF EVENTS INDUSTRY (TCEI)
TCEI is a non-government, not-for-profit, industry-led and industry-managed organization, formed to play a proactive role for the development of Events industry in the state of Telangana.
The Event Industry has grown by leaps and bounds over the last two decades with several hundred companies operating in the field of Events in various segments and at various levels across the state of Telangana.
As there was no regional recognised industry body in the state of Telangana thus TCEI has been formed as industry representative body to Deal and Co ordinate with Government, corporate industry forums, private and municipal licensing bodies, taxation authorities, or even individual clients, vendors or artists.
TCEI – will be the unified voice of the industry to Government, statutory bodies, taxation authorities and private licensing bodies and will seek to protect its members’ interests at all times.
It will also seek to lay down professional standards of management and interface between its members and clients, vendors and artists across the state of Telangana
It will also be a chamber of knowledge for its members in terms of providing a data bank on venues, artists and vendors and advising its members on safety standards, employee codes of conduct and best practices of the industry.
It will also seek to constantly upgrade skills and knowledge levels of its members by organising training programmes, seminars, workshops and interface with international and local industry stalwarts.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- To Promote the Events Industry in the State of Telangana
- To Organise training and development
- To Offer specialist advice and information on the subject of Events
- To research and publish facts and figures about the growth and prospectus of the Industry
- Providing networking opportunities for members.
- To encourage and develop and spread necessary knowledge among players of Event Industry
- To act as a House for information, guidance and publicity on all matters pertaining to Events Industry.
- To enlighten the society regarding the role and contribution of the Event Industry from a social, cultural, industrial and educational perspective.
- To maintain a Library in physical or electronic format for dissemination of the Trade Knowledge.
- To institute Awards or other forms of recognition and incentives which are conductive to development and promotion of Event Industry.
- To act if required as an advisory body to Government Departments.
- To afford to its Members amenities of a social club.
- To affiliate or amalgamate the society with any other Regd. Trade Body, having objectives wholly similar.
- To organise, sponsor, conduct, publicise, promote, patronise and associate with Festivals, Shows, Dramas, Plays, Ballets, Film Screenings, Exhibitions, Trade Fairs, Seminars, Fashion Shows, BTL activities, National and International artiste, performances, DJ competitions, Film Premier Shows, CME, Training and symposia without any profit motive.
- Generally to purchase, take on lease or in exchange, hire or otherwise acquire any immovable or movable property and any rights or privileges which the TCEI may think necessary or convenient for any of the purpose for which it is established.
- To make, accept, endorse and execute pronotes, bills of exchange and other negotiable instruments.
- To make and give receipts, releases and other discharges for money payable.
- To encourage the growth of “Member-to-deal-with-a-Member” pattern of business.
- To conciliate, mediate and arbitrate in disputes, if referred to between the Members and to try to avoid litigation.
- To obtain by advantages through a ‘Combination’ which cannot be obtained by individual enterprises
- To organize delegations to other countries for developing and expanding the Trade Knowledge.
- To achieve the objectives of the Society to gather necessary aid, either in cash or in kind and to apply the same in such useful manner as may be considered most desirable.
- To establish and maintain, if occasion arises, offices of the Society in the State of Telangana or elsewhere for the conduct of the business of the Society.
- To do all such other things as are incidental or conductive to the attainment of the above objects.
CODE OF CONDUCT
All members of Telangana Chamber of Events Industry are expected to conform to the Code of Conduct, as stated:
Relationship With Clients :
- Dealings with clients to be conducted in an ethical manner.
- The terms of agreements should be clearly and precisely expressed and fulfilled in good faith.
- Work undertaken should be carried out promptly and efficiently.
- The interests of clients must be safeguarded and confidentiality maintained.
Relationship With Fellow Members :
- Encourage Member-to-deal-with-only-a-Member style of business.
- Dealings with fellow members to be conducted in a positive and professional manner and with the utmost courtesy and fairness.
- Property rights, confidential data and vendor/client relations of fellow members need to be respected.
- No engagement in harmful, disparaging or predatory tactics must be entertained.
Relationship With Employees :
- Members should strive to employ high caliber staff and offer fair opportunities for their growth and development.
- Relevant training and constant upgrading of employee skills has to be provided in line with job responsibilities.
Relationship With The Public :
- Members should encourage Events, Exhibitions and Programs as an instrument for social and economic good.
- They need to act as good corporate citizens and fulfill their responsibilities to the community.
Intellectual Property Protection :
- Members shall have respect for the others intellectual property rights.
- Shall not encourage infringement of any intellectual property rights.